Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hello, my friends!

I haven't found much serenity the last few days. The battle with Workers Comp is becoming "quite a challenge". But, I am sticking with my Serene Moments, so I will give you what I do have.

This afternoon I received a text message from my boyfriend, Ollie's, daughter. She was letting me know that his grand-daughter, Maggie, was playing her first baseball game this afternoon.
Now Maggie is the youngest of his 5 grandbabies. She is 7. She has beautiful curly hair...
Well, take a look at her:



Isn't she an angel?

What's even better is that Maggie reminds me so much of myself when I was little. She wants to be a boy! When she was really little, she would tell everyone that she was a boy! HeeHee It was so cute!
Maggie loves the outdoors: fishing, playing ball...she even got mad Christmas before last when Ollie got his grandson a gun and took him squirrel hunting. She sulled up until I promised we would buy her a gun, when she gets older, and take her hunting, too. Now, she has girlie stuff, of course people still buy it for her, but she loves camo and other "boy type" clothes. I was the exact same. I would stay outside all day, exploring in the woods and such. If my Dad and brothers were going hunting, fishing, hiking, whatever....I was right there, hair tucked under my ball cap and gear in hand.
I knew the rules, too. You kill it, you clean it! Squirrel, rabbit, fish.....I cleaned them all. Didn't care one bit.
I suspect that Maggie would do the same, if given the chance. Maggie's Momma is girlie, so we have to kind of "persuade" her on some things.
Anyway, I turned out "fairly" okay, so I know Maggie will, too. She's my little buddy and she keeps me in check.

8 comments:

Susan Blake said...

Beautiful child! I'm sure having her around helps to raise spirits and keep things "lighter" for you. Little angels remind us to see joy instead of focusing on some other "yucky" stuff in the adult world.

Lagean Ellis said...

Absolutely. She is such a sweetie and my little buddy.
Of course, I adore all 5. They are really good kids.
I adore children and have a large family full of them.

Stephanie said...

What a cutie. Sounds like you two have a lot in common :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Friend, I didn't have many serene moments this weekend in Texas. The weather was HORRIBLE. BUT---being with my son (and family) was great, so I guess that consisted of my serene moments. However, getting home and sitting in my own bed was more serene than one can imagine!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Lagean Ellis said...

ModernMom,
We sure do. If she is with me overnight, she's my "snuggle bunny". She's really lovable at bedtime.

Betsy,
I'm sorry the weather was bad but I am so glad you were able to visit with your son and his family.

Amelia said...

she's so lovely and the cute curly hair...you can really see yourself to her huh???

Unknown said...

She is adorable I wish I had hair like that. Happy VGNO

Anonymous said...

Gena, you were a Tomboy, that's what we would have called you... Nothin' wrong with Tomboys, they could spit just as far as us boys, we had a Tomboy in our street, Marion, the image of her is a lifetime one.

AV