Monday, June 29, 2009

Southern Wisdom



Got a kick out of this postcard. Click on it and it will enlarge so you can read it better or read on:

SOUTHERN WISDOM

1) Don't name a pig you plan to eat.
2) A bumble bee is faster than a John Deere tractor.
3) Don't skinny dip with snapping turtles
4) Two can live as cheap as one, if one don't eat.
5) Trouble with a milk cow is she won't stay milked.
6) To know how country folks are doing, look at their barns, not their houses.
7) Don't sell your mule to buy a plow.
8) Don't corner something meaner than you.
9) Keep skunks, bankers and lawyers at a distance.
10) Never lay an angry hand on a kid or an animal, it just ain't helpful.

12 comments:

Arkansas Patti said...

Sage advice. The milk cow being milked struck home. The work never really gets finished does it. We repeat, repeat, repeat, kind of like washing clothes.Oh well.

kyooty said...

ok wont get me a cow, I'd have to hook hte kids up directly! having a store at the end of the street with milk is hard enough!

Susan Blake said...

What a giggle! I remember when I was about five that I made the connection between "Hassenfeffer" and the bunnies I loved to play with - I was horrified I ate my "furry friends"! Never did again!

Stephanie said...

LOL All good advice.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cute Gena.... I love the ones where you keep skunks, bankers and lawyers at a distance!!!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Vickie said...

That is hilarious! What a hoot! Thanks for the giggles!

Lauralee said...

Wow, all really funny and really true. I really like your blog and I'm going to have to check it out more. If you'd like, come check out mine

Valerie said...

That was so funny! I am definitely going to have to print your post and show it to my mother. lol

Martha said...

Stopping by from VGNO!

Debbie said...

I love this! There is a lot of wisdom in our lovely south.

Pricousins said...

LOL! that's funny!

Anonymous said...

I'll right away grab your rss feed as I can't to find your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.
Do you've any? Please let me realize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

Also visit my blog post; e-cigs