Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cody's Mud Pies

I can remember like it was yesterday......Cody loved to play in the mud. It was his favorite "toy".

Right after Cody's Dad and I divorced, my mother would babysit for me while I worked. Of course, he had my mother rapped around his little bitty fingers. Well, he still does. So, Cody would make my mother "build" him a mud puddle in her back yard. He would then still her pots and pans and commence to making mud pies. Now, you know, no mud pie is complete until its been taste tested. Cody never hesitated to try out his creations, but that wasn't quite enough. No....Grandma has to try them to. Best part, he could tell if you were pretending to eat it. So, Grandma ate mud pies.




Graphics aren't good but I think you get the point. When Cody was little, he had white hair with "Shirley Temple" ringlets all over his pretty little head. It has turned a light brown as he has gotten older.

He is my baby, even at 19 and he always will be.

Soon, I'm going to put together a little "journey" of photos of him for you to see and me to brag about. He was always, well, still is, the worst about getting his picture taken. He hates it. He would throw away all the order forms for his school pictures so I have NONE since elementary. I do have photos that his Dad would force him to take and a few snapshots, so I'll come up with something.

Thanks for stopping by!

26 comments:

kyooty said...

I can't wait to see more of these pictures. My boys are all about mud and water!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

What a cutie---back then, and probably now. He probably has the girls looking closely at him!!!! I'd love to see his pictures from young to now....

They will always be our babies, Gena... My eldest is almost 46--and he's still my baby.

Hugs,
Betsy

Night Owl Mama said...

I have a 20 yr old is so nice to find some one who has a older child too. My Ry was blonde when he was little too now he has brown hair

Can't wait to see your montage

thanks for the visit :) and comment

Stephanie said...

That is one good grandma!

Arkansas Patti said...

What a neat Grandma. I wonder just how old we are when we lose our taste for mud.
He is one cutie and looking forward to future pics.

MariZcreationZ said...

oh Gena I loved this post! SO SO cute! I love how grandma ate mud pies too! lol
Hugs!!!

Lagean Ellis said...

It was fabulous! Like I say, he was too smart for faking. You had to show him a muddy tongue!

Opus #6 said...

That is so sweet. Cool that you are relaxed enough to let him play like this. These are memories he will cherish forever.

Happy VGNO.

robin said...

Cute!
What an amazing blog design!
Happy GNO! :)

Julie from JulieChats said...

Little Jake is a dirt eater himself!

Happy VGNO!

the Chacogirl said...

Love your story about your son! My oldest ate clods of dirt, yuch! But she's 13 now and turning into a lady. Happy VGNO!

I am Harriet said...

Yikes!

Have a great VGNO!!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/its-time-to-dream-on-vgno.html

~Sandy~ said...

oh my gosh...super cute pic and story! your mom was quite the trooper :) grandma's will do anything for their little grandkids!!

Carolee Hollenback said...

What a cute pic. My boys were like that too. There are several years with no pics. They would throw away or forget the order forms for school pics, and stick out their tongue or put their hand up if I tried to take a pic.

Have a Happy VGNO!

Lizzie said...

i LOVED mud pies when i was a kid :)

Liz Mays said...

I love that you said he's your baby even at 19. That's how I feel about my baby (who's a month shy of 19)

Kitten said...

I LOVED MUD PIES! I used to make them with my friend Katy and we used her mom's old cake pans. And yes, we actually taste-tested them. Heck, God made dirt, so dirt can't hurt, right?

Happy VGNO!

Kitten said...

I LOVED MUD PIES! I used to make them with my friend Katy and we used her mom's old cake pans. And yes, we actually taste-tested them. Heck, God made dirt, so dirt can't hurt, right?

Happy VGNO!

Ms D said...

My little boy and girl LOVE The mud! So did I when I was little! all those mud pies and cakes I made! Thanks for sharing :) Happy VGNO

Martha said...

OMG, that's too funny that she would taste the mud pies. Happy VGNO!

Anonymous said...

Your mom seriously ATE mud pies???

Melinda said...

I know how he feels ... I hate having my picture taken, too! ;0)

Thanks for visiting and following my blog ... I'm following you now, too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.